Kathleen K. Lucchesi
A good lawyer knows the law, but a great lawyer knows the judge.
In reality, great lawyers don’t just “know” the judge, they know the law specific to the Court, the local rules and practices, and the judge’s preferences and pet peeves. A lawyer who takes the time to know a judge in these ways is better prepared for Court and can better communicate a legal argument because she “knows her audience.”
I’m an employment lawyer; so for me, it’s all about relationships. When you take the time to build relationships and know your audience, you can get to the heart of a problem much more quickly. That’s why I take the time to get to know each of my clients – so I can effectively and efficiently get to the best resolution of their legal issues and identify and develop the necessary policies and best practices to avoid similar problems in the future.
Look – nobody loves a trial like a trial lawyer, it’s true. When you get to know your clients like I do, you know creative solutions outside of litigation are often a better resolution than going through the time and expense of a trial. But, when all roads lead to the courtroom, I know the judge.
- University of Mississippi – J.D. (cum laude), 1997
- University of Indianapolis – B.S. in Communications (cum laude), 1990
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina 1997
- North Carolina State Courts
- United States Courts for the Western, Middle, and Eastern Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Mecklenburg County Bar
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina State Bar Association
- The 24 Foundation (formerly 24 Hours of Booty)
- Girls on the Run Charlotte, Past Board Chair
- Girls on the Run International, Past Board Member
- Susan G. Komen Charlotte, Board Member (2011 – 2017)
Awards & Achievements
- AV Peer Review Rating – Martindale Hubbell