Helping clients find innovative solutions to complex legal problems is what excites me about the practice of law. Developing relationships and building trust through skilled advocacy and stellar results is what sets me apart.
Courtney Bain joined Lincoln Derr in 2020 having previously worked at a litigation firm in Atlanta, Georgia. Courtney has represented clients in defense of a variety of negligence claims involving motor vehicle accidents, motor carrier liability, and premises liability.
Courtney is a “double Tar Heel,” having earned both her Juris Doctor, with honors, and Bachelor of Arts degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. During law school, Courtney served as an Articles Editor for the North Carolina Law Review and Attorney General for the Graduate and Professional Honor System. During her first year of law school, she received the Certificate of High Merit for her legal research, writing, and advocacy. She is also a recipient of the Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award.
As an undergraduate, Courtney received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy and Art History and was a Buckley Public Service Scholar.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – B.A. Art History and Philosophy; Minor Philosophy, Politics, and Economics
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill – Juris Doctor with Honors
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
Awards & Certificates
- Certificate of High Merit – Research, Reasoning, Writing, and Advocacy (RRWA II) – University of North Carolina School of Law
- Eugene Gressman & Daniel H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award – University of North Carolina School of Law
- Professional Research Certification – LexisNexis