Macy Stutts joined Lincoln Derr in June of 2020 as a summer intern. She is a highly professional and self-motivated third-year JD candidate at Campbell Law. Macy has a passion for civil litigation and the determination, drive, and tenacity to become an exceptional trial attorney. She aspires to provide nothing but the absolute best service to her future clients.
Macy will be entering her last year at Campbell University School of Law this August. As a law student, Macy is a member of Campbell’s nationally ranked mock trial team, where she has advanced to the final round in every mock trial competition she has competed in, including a national competition in San Antonio, TX. At Campbell, Macy is also a comments editor for Campbell Law Review. Macy has previous legal experience interning for District Judge Jefferson Griffin in Wake County, as well as for North Carolina Lieutenant Governor, Dan Forest, where she has worked on civil, criminal, regulatory, and legislative matters. After graduation and passing the NC Bar next July, Macy plans to pursue a career as a civil litigation attorney.
Macy earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice from Wingate University in 2018, where she graduated magna cum laude with University Honors. She believes her undergraduate degree in criminal justice has provided her with a thorough understanding of many of the complex issues facing our legal system today. Her minors in sociology and legal studies have enriched her ability to communicate effectively with clients and understand their needs. Thinking outside of the box and escaping comfort zones is what excites Macy the most about being an attorney.
- Wingate University – B.A. Crimminal Justice, magna cum laude, University Honors
- Cambell University School of Law – Juris Doctor Candidate
- NC Bar Association – Student Member
- NC Association of Women Attorneys – Student Member
- COPS: Communities Offering Police Support – Creator
- Miss North Carolina Contestant, Miss Gastonia 2017
- Gastonia “Shop with a Cop” – Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity – Volunteer
- Children’s Miracle Network – Advocate
- Miss NC Contestant, Miss Stanly County 2014
- Breast Cancer Awareness Advocate