Maria D. Ortiz
Maria believes in sheer grit, knowledge and determination. Armed with a strong belief in the Rule of Law and fighting for what’s right, Maria is dedicated to protecting her clients and their rights.
Maria is a native of South Florida, having earned her undergraduate degree, magna cum laude, and Juris Doctorate from Florida International University in 2004 and 2007, respectively. While at FIU Law, she served as president of the Women’s Law Society and was a member of the Moot Court team, where she was a semi-finalist at the 2007 Robert Orseck Memorial Moot Court Competition. She also interned as a prosecutor for the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office, 11th Judicial Circuit.
Prior to joining the firm, Maria was an associate at a top litigation firm in Hollywood, Florida where she represented a wide variety of corporate and individual clients in all aspects of litigation.
Maria is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and Florida. She is fluent in Spanish.
- B.A., Florida International University, 2004, magna cum laude
- J.D., Florida International University College of Law, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association (“MCB”) Board of Directors, 2019-2021
- Mecklenburg Bar Foundation (“MBF”) Board of Directors, 2017-2021
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division Membership Committee Chair, 2018-2019
- North Carolina Association For Defense Attorneys – Diveristy Committee Chair, 2019-2020
- North Carolina Association For Defense Attorneys – Diversity Committee Vice-Chair, 2018-2019
- National Association For Minority And Women-Owned Law Firms – Trial Practice Area Committe
- South Palm Beach Bar Association