When the stakes are high, clients trust Lincoln Derr to resolve sophisticated litigation matters. Our attorneys are knowledgeable and bring deep experience to complex litigation for a multitude of industries.
- General Corporate Matters, including corporate formation, contract drafting and review and governance issues
- Risk Assessment and Management
- Litigation of Business Disputes
- Commercial Litigation, including bad faith claims and subrogation matters
- Employment, including allegations of discrimination and harassment under Title VII, ADEA, ADA and other relevant statutes
- Excess Insurer Representation
- Insurance Coverage
- Premises Liability, including wrongful death, negligent security, and criminal acts of third parties or employees
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Tort Defense
- Representation of health care professionals before the various licensing boards in North and South Carolina
- Defense of physicians, nurses, hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living centers in both state and federal courts and administrative actions
- Licensure, reimbursement and certification matters
- Assistance with peer review and medical privilege issues as well as HIPAA compliance
- Drafting and review of policies and procedures, contracts and employment agreements for health care providers
- Municipal and public official liability, including §1983 civil rights and police use of force claims
- Governmental torts, including motor vehicle negligence and premises liability
- Interpretation, compliance and enforcement of regulations, laws, ordinances and other forms of governance
- Due diligence reviews of employment contracts, company policies, procedures, and other handbooks to ensure that employers are complying with applicable laws and maximizing the protections available under North and South Carolina law
- Risk audits to determine areas of vulnerability/concern
- Training and seminars for clients to assist with risk management and mitigation
At Lincoln Derr We Focus on 3 Core Concepts
Our versatility lies in our ability to integrate trial preparedness into resolution strategy. In other words, we believe the best way to resolve a case is to be prepared to win in the courtroom. By creating a trial strategy that incorporates strategic settlement planning, we will deliver unparalleled results-oriented service to our clients.
We are committed to transparency. That means you know what we are doing on your case at all times. Our electronic platform allows you to see your case and your documents anytime you want. No more unexplained time entries or overcharged phone calls. You have full electronic access to your client files 24 hours a day.
We recognize that efficiency is not only appreciated, but expected. Our technology platform virtually eliminates costly travel expenses and allows us to function at a maximum level with minimum expense. We bring experience to the equation. With combined experience of nearly 100 years, no lawyer will ever “train” on your dime.