Loyalty. Diversity. Technology. Efficiency. Accountability. Maximum Impact.
These values are the guiding principles for our legal team. Are you interested in joining the “LDTEAM”?
Contact us at email@example.com.
Administrative Assistant - Full Time
We are a fast-paced civil litigation law practice seeking to staff our front desk. The applicant should possess strong customer relations skills, high energy, and a can-do attitude. Due to the confidential nature of our work, the role requires an individual with a high-level integrity and trustworthiness.
We are looking for an assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks across the organization. You will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the office and handle the flow of people through the business. All administrative assistant responsibilities must be completed accurately and delivered with high quality. In addition to customer service, the daily duties of the position require interaction with numerous technology platforms.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls while providing essential information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling physical access to the office
- Appointment, travel scheduling, and billing
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing, scanning
- Keep all public areas and conference rooms tidy and stocked with necessary supplies and refreshments
- Order office supplies
- Proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook
- Comfortable working on a macOS
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
- High School Degree
- College credit a plus
- Legal Assistant Degree Program a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
Interested? Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal Assistant - Full Time
This position supports a team of attorneys in all aspects of their litigation practices. The environment is fast-paced with legal support being the primary focus. Duties also include traditional assistant and general office tasks based on workflow demand. Strong litigation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will be technology savvy and efficient – familiar with online document repositories, filing systems, ShareFile, billing software, docketing/calendaring, and comfortable working in a paperless environment
Due to the confidential nature of our work, the role requires an individual with a high-level integrity and trustworthiness.
- Prepare/draft legal documents and correspondence
- Edit, proof, style, and format legal documents and correspondence
- Maintain client and firm files; open and close files in the cloud
- Manage attorneys’ calendars, coordinate meetings, schedule conference rooms, schedule depositions, schedule court reporters, and make travel arrangements
- Comprehend and implement client billing rules and requirements
- Make edits to prebills and finalize client invoices and prepare expense reports, check requests, reimbursements and enter into billing software
- Coordinate mailings, deliveries, copying, and courthouse filings
- Regularly and accurately proofread all documents to ensure completeness prior to distribution or filing (including maintaining proper distribution lists)
- Accurately file court documents in state, federal, and business court, electronically and/ or in document form, with the ability to determine and follow any local rules or judge specific requirements
- Regularly anticipate the needs of assigned attorneys in order to promote timekeeper efficiencies (i.e., draft correspondence, prepare shell pleading and discovery documents)
- Contact clients, witnesses, lawyers, and outside vendors to schedule interviews, meetings, and depositions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaboratively with diverse personalities
- Possess problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A self-starter and positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication
- Requires 2+ years of experience in the litigation space
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, legal billing software, SharePoint
- Experience with OSX applications (Mac)
- High School Degree
- College degree is a plus
- Legal Assistant Degree Program is a plus