I strongly believe that a paralegal is an essential part of the legal team. An attorney I worked with for many years suggested that I should be able to read his mind. If paralegals are utilized properly, like they are at Linclon Derr, then a good paralegal will be able to anticipate the attorney’s needs, lessen the attorney’s workload and ultimately save the client money. Now this isn’t the same as mind reading, but I think it comes pretty close.
Kelly Vecchio is a North Carolina State Bar Certified Paralegal who has over twenty-three years of experience. She brings to our legal team an outstanding work ethic, attention to detail and a willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done. Kelly’s areas of litigation expertise include complex commercial and civil disputes, landlord/tenant matters, labor and employment, construction, and appellate matters. Ms. Vecchio’s experience covers all aspects of the civil litigation process, such as large case management, preparing for trials and arbitrations, drafting pleadings and discovery, and managing filings in state, federal and appellate courts.
Kelly Vecchio also has experience with managing the e-discovery process and has worked with a wide variety of litigation support systems and technologies including evidence management, electronic discovery and specialized databases and trial presentation software.
Kelly received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and earned her certificate in civil litigation from Meredith College. Prior to joining Lincoln Derr, she was a litigation paralegal for law firms in Charlotte and Raleigh, North Carolina.
Kelly is a native of Salisbury, North Carolina but has called Charlotte home since 1997. She enjoys gardening and traveling in her free time and is passionate about live music.
- B.A. in History – University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- American Bar Association Approved Legal Assistant Program – Meredith College
- Litigation Paralegal – Lincoln Derr PLLC, Charlotte, NC (2019-present)
- Litigation Paralegal – Alexander Ricks PLLC, Charlotte, NC (2013-2019)
- Litigation Paralegal – Robinson Bradshaw & Hinson, PA, Charlotte, NC (1997-2013)
- Intellectual Property Paralegal – Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, Charlotte, NC (1996-1997)
Associations and Certifications
- North Carolina Bar Association, Certified Paralegal
- North Carolina Bar Association, Paralegal Division Member
- National Association of Legal Assistants – Certified Paralegal