Ashley defends corporations, health care providers, and long-term care companies in claims of professional negligence and general liability. She also defends clients before numerous licensing boards, including the North Carolina Board of Nursing and Medicine and the North Carolina State Bar.
Ashley represents companies in a wide variety of employment matters, including litigating employment claims before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and in federal court. In addition, she has expertise in defending employers against Title VII, ADEA, and ADA claims, breach of contract, and related tort claims. Ashley also assists her clients with various employment agreements such as separation agreements and developing employment policies and procedures.
Earlier in her career, Ashley was an Assistant State Attorney for the State of Florida, where she prosecuted more than 1,000 felony cases from pre-filing through resolution, including jury trials. She also evaluated crime scenes with law enforcement as a part of the vehicular homicide and DUI manslaughter squad to gather and preserve critical evidence. Ashley’s experience as a prosecutor provides her with the knowledge and skills to handle claims from pre-suit through jury trial, including conducting thorough investigations, detailed discovery, and comprehensive pre-trial motions. Her prosecutorial experience is particularly useful in her defense of law enforcement officers accused of misconduct.
Ashley earned a Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg, Florida. She also holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Stetson University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from the University of Florida.
- J.D., Stetson University College of Law, 2011
- M.B.A., Stetson University, 2011
- B.S., Finance, University of Florida, 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
- Florida Bar
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- North Carolina Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Junior League of Charlotte, since 2016
- Mecklenburg Bar Association, since 2017
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, since 2017
- North Carolina Chapter of the American Society of Healthcare Risk Management
- “Getting Out of the Weeds: An Employer’s Guide to Navigating Marijuana Laws and The Workplace,” NCSHRM State Conference , October 2022
- “A Shot in the Arm: Current COVID-19 Workplace Issues,” NCSHRM State Conference, October 2022
- “Anatomy of a Lawsuit – Litigation 101,” CE Presentation to Insurance Claims Representatives, August 2017.
- “Cyber Security Awareness and Your Employees,” HBS Women’s Forum Seminar at Chateau Elan, July 2019
- Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch, 2022
- Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch, 2021