Over the past three decades, I’ve had the privilege of representing both defendants and claimants in a broad range of legal disputes. I’ve defended Fortune 100 companies, grocery stores, and restaurants as well as individuals who have experienced near-drowning, driven through fire from a downed aircraft, and tractor trailer drivers accused of motor vehicle negligence (to name a few). I’ve engaged with topics as diverse as overhead sprinkler system malfunctions, biomechanics, dram shop liability, manufacturing, agrarian, and zoning law. Now, along with a general liability practice, I have the unparalleled privilege of representing physicians, nurses, and advanced care practitioners.
It might surprise you to know how much we think about our clients’ cases. Important insights arise all the time. I find myself formulating legal arguments while walking the dog, roaming the grocery store, and driving to depositions.
I came to North Carolina from my hometown in Virginia to attend Davidson College. There, I tackled diverse topics including Constitutional Law, Genetics, Chemistry, Invertebrate Zoology, and Civil Liberties. A love of learning serves litigators well as we’re routinely called upon to master new subjects.
Years ago, a senior partner encouraged new associates to get out of the office and meet people who were interested in things other than practicing law. It was terrific advice. Most recently, I’ve focused my free time on local farming, healthy eating, and addressing food insecurity as an active board member at the Uptown Farmer’s Market.
- Davidson College, B.A. Polictical Science, concentration in Biology
- Davidson in Washington
- Duke Marine Laboratory
- Student Government Association
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D.
- Trial Bar
- Joseph Branch Inn of Court
- Legal Clinic for the Elderly
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Court of Appeals
- North Carolina Supreme Court
- U. S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Superior Court Mediator
Community Involvement and Leadership
- Board of Directors, Uptown Farmers Market
- Grants and Corporate Sponsorships, Uptown Farmers Market
- Class Ambassador, Davidson College
- Reunion Committee, Davidson College
- Pastoral Care Initiatives and Steering Committees, Covenant Presbyterian Church
- Board of Directors, Theatre Charlotte